Since the introduction of dropbox, many people have now found it a little easier to share file in a much more convenient way. While some people’s lives have been made easier with this magnificent software, others may have reservations in equal measure. Below are some of the pros and cons of dropbox.
1. Easy interface: Dropbox has a relatively easy interface that not only makes it easy for the user but also makes it smooth for any new user who might want to use it for the very first time.
2. 16GB Free storage: In addition to Dropbox giving you the capability of storing your files online, it also gives you an additional 16GB of free storage space to add onto what you already have.
3. File syncing: Dropbox has made it easy for user s to be able to sync their files across multiple platforms, which also allows them to be able to access the files from wherever they are.
4. File sharing: In addition to that storing files, dropbox also has the capability of sharing files between different users.
5. File versioning: Besides sharing files, it is also easy to cerate multiple versions of the same file to allow the file to be viewed in different environments.
6. Selective syncing: Dropbox also makes it possible for users to sync their files selectively. This means that users can easily choose what files they want to sync and which ones do not require syncing.
7. Edits documents online: Unlike other storage platforms, dropbox also allows users to access their documents online from wherever they are and then edit those files in any environment. This makes it easy for the user to edit documents on the Go.
8. Deleted file recovery: Once a user deletes a file from the storage facility, they may be able to recover the file at a later date. This gives the user some level of flexibility that is not available in other storage platforms.
9. Downloads and uploads: In addition to uploading files on the storage platform, it is also possible for anyone to download those files at any given time.
10. Web and mobile version: Dropbox also offers various users serious flexibility in that it comes with a mobile version and a web version of the same. This allows different users to be able to access the storage platform from any device they may be using.
1. File Location: At times, the lack of specific tabs can make it difficult to locate older versions of files or deleted copies.
2. It is not absolutely free: The service is free for the first 2GB of storage, and you can earn extra space by encouraging others to sign up. After that, you need to purchase space starting at $10 a month.
3. Collaboration: You can add notes and such to a document but you cannot edit in real time.
4. Can be slow at times: Downloading from, uploading to, and syncing with Dropbox for Business is a bit slow. You often have to wait several minutes or longer for your files to appear.
5. Search feature needs improvement: The “Search” feature of Dropbox is not powerful enough, especially if you have a large amount of data. This makes file organization much more important.
6. There is no refresh: The navigation could use a refresh to make file retrieval better. The current setup makes file retrieval a bit more cumbersome.
7. Lacks folder security: The current dropbox security feature doesn’t allow folder locking. This means that each of the folders can be accessed at any time as long as someone gains access to the dropbox.
8. Price: Minimum $75/mo isn’t exactly a big deal, but for what we need it’s a bit much. Could use a lower-tiered option because honestly, nobody needs unlimited cloud storage.
9. Security: The transmission is SSL-encrypted no doubt but they could do better with TLS if they are not already using that. File security is very important when it comes to cloud storage.
10. Limited: Besides the basic functionalities of dropbox, there isn’t any particular feature that is outstanding with dropbox. Much more needs to be done when it comes to functionality.