Japanese used cars have been the most dependable and reliable cars with high resale value. When planning to buy the used car regardless of the brand and model, there are potential factors you need to consider. Look at the following pros and cons before making buying decisions.
1. Reliable: Japanese cars are well-known for their reliability. They have few cases of mechanical issues and you can drive up to 300 000 miles before any major repair.
2. Unique designs: They have unique designs thus, they do not become outdated much quickly. They can easily compete with new American and European brands.
3. High resale value: Compared with competitor brands, Japanese used cars have high resale value. They have low depreciation rate thus, you can enjoy high trade-in value in case you decide to sell your new Japanese car.
4. Highly efficient: Japanese used cars proving a comfortable driving experience. They are more long-lasting and highly efficient.
5. Spare parts: There are available spare parts for all models and brands of Japanese used cars. The cars are of top choice in many African and Asian countries making their maintenance easy.
6. Quality cars: Although they are already used, the manufacturers of Japanese cars make the best cars without compromising on quality. This makes them the most preferred compared to other expensive rival cars.
7. Excellent features: Japan car manufacturers have large technological superiority over its competitors thus their used cars have cutting-edge features compared to the rival cars. They have great navigation systems and wheels made of alloy.
8. Faster purchase: Formation of auto actions has made the purchase of Japanese used cars much faster and easier. You can access the vehicles details online and make a quick purchase.
9. High standards: Japan cars are well maintained, safe to drive, and used lightly. Japan smooth roads leave the used cars in good conditions.
10. Low auto auction price: Used cars in auto actions are sold early and cheap because keeping them for long in Japan will increase their cost making them expensive.
1. Expensive: Due to the high resale value, these cars are very expensive to buy considering they are already used.
2. Large down payment: Some banks and lenders may not loan you money for buying used car thus you have to acquire a huge amount of money as down payments for buying the vehicle.
3. Unknown problems: When you buy a used vehicle from the auto auctions, the vehicle may have unknown problems since you don’t have a chance to inspect its condition.
4. No independent appraisal: When buying a used car you have to take the dealers word. Vehicle dealers tend to be biased and no dealer can give 100% information on the condition of the used vehicle.
5. No test drive: If you buy the vehicle from the action, you only drive after purchasing the vehicle. No chance to test drive the vehicle.
6. Smaller in size: Compared to American cars, Japanese cars are a bit smaller. Some car buyers relate the size of the car with the safety ratings and the car’s ability to withstand an impact of an accident.
7. Personal needs: Although they are more reliable and dependable, they may not meet your personal needs therefore, you should evaluate your own personal needs before purchasing
8. Damage from metal shards: The original owner of the vehicle may not have completely removed the oil pump and cleaned it well resulting in damage of cars engine by the floating metal shards.
9. Maintenance cost: Japanese car engine timing belt or chain needs to be replaced after 80 000 to 105 000 miles and this is an added expense increasing the vehicle’s cost.
10. No warranties: When you buy used cars, there are no warranties issued. Whether you’re buying a truck, car or bus, no warranty is issued.