Hunting is considered a hobby for most people. It is an activity that involves catching wild animals for various reasons including food. As an activity, it is one of the most satisfying activities one can ever engage in. There are several advantages that are associated with this hobby. However, there are also several cons to watch out for.
1. It controls the wildlife population: Hunting plays an important role in controlling the wildlife population and balancing the ecosystem. It helps in reducing the population of some of the animals that are overpopulated hence creating a balance in the ecosystem.
2. It can be done safely: Hunting as an activity can be done safely without anyone getting hurt. This means that hunters can easily engage in the activity and get out of there unhurt unlike other activities that might be extremely dangerous.
3. It improves personal exercise: Hunting is a very physical activity that can do wonders on someone’s health. For those who want to work out naturally, hunting can come in handy and help in your exercise routines.
4. Boosts knowledge on Mother Nature: Hunting is also an ideal way of gaining knowledge about Mother Nature and what can be found in the environment.
5. It offers a method of survival: Hunting is also one way for humans to survive. There are people who rely or depend on hunting for their daily needs such as food and for trade.
6. Provides a source of revenue: Hunting is a source of revenue for some people. The products derived from hunting wild animals can easily be used in trade and the proceeds used to generate additional income.
7. It can reduce the number of automotive accidents: Hunting is also known to reduce the number of automotive accidents that can occur on the roads. This is because the animals that run across roads from forests are reduced significantly.
8. Hunting brings food and other materials: Hunting is a source of food for most people. A lot of the people who practice hunting rely on the animals for food and the animal products can also be used to make other materials.
9. It balances the ecosystem: Hunting is an ideal way of balancing the ecosystem because it reduces the number of animals that are oversupplied.
10. It may lead to other discoveries: Through hunting, people have also been able to discover other animals and plant species that were little known to man before.
1. It’s more of a sport than a necessity: Hunting can be categorized more as sport than a necessity. This means that some of the animals killed during hunting die for the fun of it.
2. It can reduce the count of animals in the wilderness: Hunting is very dangerous because it can easily reduce the number of animal species in the wilderness and this may be a huge problem in the ecosystem.
3. It may lead to abusive practices: Uncontrolled hunting is always dangerous because it could lead to abusive practices where people end up killing animals and performing other acts that are considered uncouth.
4. It causes animals suffering: Hunting causes suffering for animals for no apparent reason.
5. It is cost prohibitive: There is so much cost that goes into hunting to the extent that it ends up being prohibitive at times. A hunter must have the required hunting gear and have the necessary tools for hunting at all times.
6. It can be deadly: Hunting, whether you practice it as a sport or business, can also be very dangerous in the long run.
7. There are ethical issues: There are a myriad of ethical issues that are associated with hunting including killing animals for fun. Some people consider that animal cruelty and this may lead to legal actions.
8. Some people hunt for fun: Hunting for fun is totally unacceptable because it means animals are being killed to satisfy the egos of a few individuals.
9. It may lead to legal liabilities: Hunting may lead to legal actions and legal liabilities that may end up being costly.
10. It may render other animal species extinct: There is always the risk of other animals being rendered extinct as a result of the bad habit that is hunting.