Marijuana, also known as cannabis sativa, has for a long time been the subject of discussion on very many forums. Most of the arguments has always revolved around the fact that marijuana should be made legal while others argue against it. Below are some of the pros and cons of marijuana.
1. Help to treat Glaucoma: Marijuana has been known to treat ailments such as Glaucoma. Glaucoma is a disease that damages your eye’s optic nerve. It usually happens when fluid builds up in the front part of your eye.
2. Help reverse the carcinogenic effects of tobacco and improve lung health: The irony of marijuana is that it also has the capability of reversing the effects of tobacco on lung health.
3. It can help control epileptic seizures: Research has shown that Marijuana can also help in controlling the epileptic seizures that are experienced by some people.
4. Decreases the symptoms of a severe seizure disorder known as Dravet’s Syndrome: This has the same effect as the epileptic seizures that are experienced by some people.
5. A chemical found in marijuana called CBD stops cancer from spreading: There is also the scientific evidence that marijuana has the capacity to stop cancer cells from spreading inside the human body.
6. THC, one of the main ingredient found in marijuana may cure cancer respectively reduces cancer cells.
7. It may decrease anxiety: Most of the reason most people use marijuana is because it has the innate ability to decrease anxiety in some people.
8. THC slows the progression of Alzheimer’s disease: THC, which is an ingredient found in marijuana has the ability to reduce the effects of Alzheimer’s diseases.
9. Marijuana eases the pain of multiple sclerosis: Marijuana has been known to be a pain reliever in several cases. This also includes the pain experienced when someone has multiple sclerosis.
10. Cannabis treats inflammatory bowel diseases: marijuana is also used to treat inflammatory diseases that affect bowels.
1. It is not used as medicine because of its effects in the brain and body. Marijuana can have multiple effects on the brain and body of an individual, including the lungs.
2. It could help you but used unconsidered and unconditional could cause troubles. There is also the social aspect of marijuana where one could get into trouble for not thinking straight as a result of using marijuana.
3. It may increase anxiety. Depending on the quality of weed, the preposition of the consumer and social environment, marijuana may also cause anxiety instead of reducing it.
4. In some cases it can cause Schizophrenia. If the user is not used to it and the variety has a too high concentration of THC, one may be affected by mental illness. CBD works against Schizophrenia and decrease it.
5. Depression. It may cause it also because of the preposition of the user and a lot of other reasons. However, this may also be a cure for depression in some cases.
6. Psychosis. In very few cases, experts believe the cause of psychosis to take in conjunction with marijuana, but only as a trigger which is already dormant in the affected.
7. Negative Social behavior. For some is good, for others bad. The conservative public concerns may have problems with different acting people. That may cause trouble in reflection of the user.
8. Paranoia: Not simply caused from the effects of marijuana. It is the combination of doing something forbidden by law and smoking weed. This means that some people associate marijuana with bad behaviour and may be a cause for problems.
9. Increased Appetite. That could be good or bad, depending on life situation or preposition of the consumer. If one is not able to satisfy the appetite, it could be a huge problem.
10. Addictive: Marijuana is basically addictive as it also contains the addictive substance nicotine. In addition to that, it is also very mental dependent as most people who use cannabis sativa become reliant on the drug for a long time.