Trumpcare is the name given to president trumps proposed health plan, formally called the American health care act (AHCA) of which has not yet become a law of which must be passed by the Senate first the trumpcare was intended to replace Obamacare which was formally known as the affordable care (ACA). also known as the short term health insurance. Some of the provisions of trumpcare directly oppose those put place by the Obamacare example the ECA protected people with the preexisting conditions from facing higher premiums for insurance but trumpcare would potentially allow companies to charge more on the basis of a preexisting condition Obamacare also requires all Americans under 65 to have insurance health care or else face a tax penalty but trumpcare would eliminate that individual mandate.
1. Reduced federal deficit. Trumpcare is a proposal that is destined and projected to reduce the federal deficit by $150 billion by 2016 this would keep the government at the safest side and would reduce or avoid the government’s debts
2. Increased HSA contributions .the trumpcare would increase the amount that can be contributed to health savings account from $3400 to $6550for individuals and from $6750 to $13100 for families.
3. Subsidies for people with preexisting conditions.Americans with the preexisting condition who experience a lapse in coverage may be offered a subsidy in some states to help pay for their insurance.
4. No more individual mandate. Trumpcare would eliminate the individual mandate that requires Americans to either have health insurance or face a tax penalty. This would be a better option for preexisting individuals.
5. Repeal of consumer taxes .trumpcare would repeal some consumer taxes on things like prescription drugs medical devices and some health insurance plans which is preferable to the citizens.
6. The cost of plans .this means that trump [care or short-term health insurance plans are cheap in comparison to the Obamacare plans of which definitely makes it preferable.
7. They do not provide coverage for birth control. This means if you have religious objections to various form of birth control then you may be more inclined to sign up for a trumpcare plan.
8. It is not associated with any form of government funded health care .some people regardless of their political party prefer to not have health care that is connected or associated with the government.
9. You can sign up for trumpcare at any time .not like Obamacare or plans that comply with the ACA which can only be signed up for or a changed during the annual open enrollment period.
10. More competition, more options. When the president signed about this executive order into action he brought competition and options into the market place.
1. More uninsured Americans. The elimination of the individual mandate is projected to produce 24 million more uninsured Americans by 2026 this is because it does not favorer the preexisting personnel.
2. Potential waivers of essential benefits. Trumpcare could obtain a waiver to be excluded from these requirements and can instead draft their own set of essential benefits.
3. Potentially higher premiums for older adults. Under the current law insurance companies may charge an older adult up to three times as much as they would charge a young person for the same plan.
4. The higher potential cost for people with preexisting conditions. Despite that subsidies could be offered to some people with the preexisting condition but these subsidies will be countered by the fact that state will be able to obtain waivers allowing the insurance company to charge high premiums.
5. A rollback of Medicaid expansion. Obamacare installed funds for the states destined for the expansion of the Medicaid, but the trumpcare would cut the funding.
6.No coverage for preexisting conditions .if you sigh for a short term health insurance plan and at the time you do you are healthy and six months later you get cancer well you are covered.
7. If you are expecting or planning on expecting, trumpcare isn’t for you. This means that if you just had a baby or you planning of having a child you will need access to prenatal care and that isn’t provided because it is in Obamacare.
8. Short term health insurance is sometimes sold in a misleading way by shady characters .every industry as it bad actors or slimeballs people who are more about making a quick buck.
9. Require all able-bodied Medicaid recipients to work or not for people with medical issues. This is never favorable for disabled personnel.
10. Fund their Medicaid programs in one of two ways.These are the block grants or per capita limits.