Early marriage is whereby two partners come together and decide to start a new life together and have family at an early age of early 20s or even age below 20s. Many people have chosen to marry at an early age as they view it as advantageous as they are able to settle at an early age and therefore can involve themselves in other activities. Some of the advantages of early marriage are;
1. Adequate labor: A young married couples are still very healthy and have enough energy therefore can provide adequate and also the outcome of their work will be of great quality.
2. They are financially stable: Most young married couples are financially stable since they have all the energy to work and therefore they can invest enough for the future hence will be able to raise their family.
3. They are very understanding: People that got married at a young age will be very understanding to one another as one has all the knowledge of his or her partner as they will have learned each other a lot.
4. They make up a responsible family: A young married partners make up a responsible life as they acquire all the basic responsibilities about life together and therefore they have equal knowledge thus starting up a family cannot be a problem to them.
5. Easy to adapt and sustain life: A young marriage partners will find it easier to adapt and sustain their marriage compare to people who marries at an older age. This is because they still have fresh mind and therefore adapting to new life is an easy task for the.
6. Early marriages is safer: Early marriages is safer compared to marrying at an old age. This is because in a young marriage the couples are able to get healthy kids at an early age when they are still working and therefore raising them is not a problem to them unlike those who marries late getting kids when they are almost retiring thus having problems in raising them.
7. Gives couple enough time to pursue their career: Marrying at an early age leaves the couples with adequate time to continue with the pursuing of their career. They will not be interfered with other problems that may hinder them from pursuing their career such as unprepared pregnancy.
8. One is able to choose his or her partner freely: When one marries at an early age, he or she will have plenty of time to learn his or her partner and therefore able to choose a partner of his or her choice.
9. You are able to share living expenses: Early marriage can be of great advantage especially to the working couples as they are able to share all the expenses thus there life will always be smooth.
10. There is commitment in relationship: When people marries at an early age by the time they rich late 20s they will have a good track with the partner as they will have learned their partners enough and therefore will be left with nothing other than commitment.
These are some of the disadvantages of early marriage;
1. Leads to school dropout: When the partners start dating while still in school, they may fail to complete their studies as they dropout to get married. This might be great disadvantage as they will not be able to get enough skills that is gotten in school.
2. Increased poverty in the society: Early marriages might lead to a level of poverty in the society. This might be as a result of unpreparedness to start families and hence failing to get the basic needs.
3. Little economic growth: There will be a very economic growth in a society with early married couples. This is because most them will not invested enough which leads to economic development.
4. May lead to divorce: Most people who ended up marrying at an early age might end up divorcing. This because when the couples were marrying they had no idea about marriage life and also had not learned much about the other.
5. Financial instability: The couples who ended up marrying at an early age might fail to get all finances to run their families. This is because many early marriages are rushed like an emergency and therefore they might not be financially stable at that time.
6. Unprepared pregnancy: Most couples who marries at an early age are not prepared for things such as pregnancy at that small age. When the wife gets pregnant at that age might be involved at risks since they are not settled enough to get kids. This may force them to even practice abortion which is very risky.
7. Unemployment: Many couples who marries at young age did not complete their educations and therefore lacks many skills required for most companies in order to get employed hence remaining unemployed.
8. There is more conflicts: You will find out that in many couples who got married at a young age are involved in many quarrels and fights as they are not mature enough to settle in a marriage life.
9. You might feel you have limit yourself: Some people just dated for few months and married after puberty and therefore had no enough time to select right partners of their choice. As time goes by and the man or lady being exposed to other people might make them feel they limited themselves and this might even lead to divorce.
10. Difficulties in raising children: In early marriages, the problem arises when they have sired children. Raising the children might be a great problem as the couple lack enough knowledge to raise them and therefore experiencing a lot of challenges.