Meat-based diet provides a lot of proteins, amino acids, and other vital nutrients to your body. Taking meat with moderation can give you a healthy boost although too much of it can result in a lot of cholesterol and saturated fat in the body.
This article provides with pros and cons to help understand the benefits of eating meat dietary and the risk associated with it.
1. Proteins: Proteins are known as one of the building blocks of a healthy body. Meat is one of the great sources of protein to the body even a small portion of it contains a lot of proteins.
2. Amino acids: Meat contains the essential amino acids needed by your body to function well. The amino acids act as your bodybuilding blocks for various body tissues like muscle building, bones, and your skin.
3. Strong immune system: A good immune system is suitable for the proper functioning of your body. It helps to stay healthy during cold and flu season.
4. Support metabolism: Vitamin B12 found in animal meat helps to boost your metabolism. Beef is a great source of vitamin B12 and taking it regularly will boost your metabolism.
5. Boost energy levels: Vitamin B-complex, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 components are found in the animal meat. These nutrients help in retaining energy, growth, digestion of iron and also help with chemical reactions in your body.
6. Minerals: Not only add nutrients to your body but also act as a source of minerals like Selenium, Zinc, and Iron.
7. Boost brain health: Taking white meat contributes to amino fatty acids in your body. Organic meats contain 47% of omega 3 acids and this helps to boost your memory health.
8. Balanced diet: Taking lean red meat as part of your diet moderation result in a healthy and balanced diet.
9. Sustain muscle tissue: Taking meat helps build, repair and sustain the muscle tissue especially for bodybuilders. They require a lot of proteins in order to stay at peak performance.
10. Identify allergens: Meat diet helps you identify non-healthy parts and beneficial food in your body. This serves as the basis for introducing new food groups’ diet in your body.
1. Cholesterol and saturated fats: Animal meat has a lot of saturated fats which makes your liver produce more cholesterol than required by the body to function properly.
2. Sodium: Processed meat and saturated meat contain a high amount of sodium in the body. The high amount of sodium results in kidney failure, heart diseases, and even stroke.
3. Risk of cancer: The frequent taking of red meat can result in colorectal cancer. Processed and red meat increases your risk for this type of cancer. Red meat is also linked to breast, pancreatic and prostate cancer.
4. Leads to diabetes: Too much red meat may lead to increased risk of diabetes. There is an increased risk of developing health complications within the next four years.
5. Weight gain: Taking a lot of red meat contributes to weight gain which in return can cause high blood pressure or cardiovascular disease.
6. High risk of foodborne illness: Contaminated meat at the slaughterhouse could lead to food poisoning. Other foodborne diseases such as E.Coli and Salmonella can develop as a result of taking meat.
7. Erectile dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction in men is caused by high intake of meat which results in cholesterol, obesity, and prostate cancer.
8. Hormones: Hormones injected to animals for fast growth rate cause health problems to humans. When you eat the animal meat products, you’re also eating the hormones.
9. Resistance to antibiotics: Some of antibiotics used to treat people are being used as growth supplements to animals to keep them alive and in good condition. This results to antibiotic-resistance if you eat meat from such animals.
10. Increased risk of death: People who eat meat do not live as long as vegetarians or vegans.