S-Curl is a trademark for grooming products designed for men by Luster Company. There are different types of s-curl product. Both men and women can use the product although the cream type is designed with male scalps in mind and their styling techniques. The hair products help in loosening natural hair texture to fewer curl patterns and waves.
1. Hair growth: S-Curl has evolved to meet the needs of the consumers. The products offer a maximum hair growth, manageability, and keep the hair shinning all day.
2. Retain moisture: S-Curl helps your hair retain moisture in order to avoid drying and breakage of your hair. The products can cleanse, moisturize and style natural hair texture.
3. Curl hair: It can be applied throughout the areas where you want your hair to be curled. This makes you be curled in an S-pattern or a wave pattern right down the hair root. It leaves your hair with loose waves or curls.
4. Soft hair: When you use s-curl in your hair, it will feel soft and look natural after it dries. No freezing of the hair.
5. Easy to comb: S-curl texturizers makes your hair easy to comp and style. It gives your hair a soft and smooth feel.
6. Different looks: It enables you to style your hair to give you different looks. You can maintain a natural looking hairstyle and the styles are manageable.
7. Variety to choose from: There are different S-curl products to choose from in the market. You may decide to use the crème relaxer, spray, gel or any other product to keep your hair moisturized and wavy.
8. Less time to style: Once you use s-curl products on your hair, it will take you 2-3 minutes to style the hair and have a neat and sleek look. Without it, you will probably spend 15 to 20 minutes trying to style the hair.
9. Less shrinkage: If you have an afro textured hair that shrinks after every wash, s-curl will help you reduce your hair shrinkage and it promotes hair growth.
10. Improve hair manageability: S-curl texturizer can make your hair manageable especially if you have a coarse or thick hair. The texturizer relaxes the hair strands and this makes it easy to manipulate the hair according to your liking.
1. Contain chemicals: Although the product may be labeled its natural, it contains some chemicals which are not good for your scalp.
Chemicals in s-curl texturizer are not very strong compared to those in a relaxer.
2. Damaged hair: When applying the s-curl crème, you have to follow the instructions. Leaving it for longer will result in over-processed hair and this may lead to damaged hair. It leaves the damaged hair straight instead of being curly.
3. Permanent process: Just like a relaxer, S-curl texturizer is a permanent process which needs to be done from time to time depending on the new growth rate of your hair.
4. Leaves scalp dry: If you don’t follow instructional materials, s-curl can leave your scalp dry and itching. If no moisturizer is used, the hair may become dry and flaky.
5. Change hair color: Continuous use of the texturizer may turn your color to either brown or dark burgundy instead of the natural black color.
6. Strands get weaker: The chemicals used in the product may affect the strands based on you want to style the hair. This makes the strands weaker.
7. Split ends: When your strands get weaker and scalp dries, it will result in hair breakage or some split ends.